1st of December 2017
How the Bookmarker works
The Symbaloo bookmarker is a browser add-on, supported for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Safari. It is an addition to online tool: Symbaloo.com
1. Install the Bookmarker
2. A button will be added to your browser
3. While visiting a webpage, click the button to bookmark it
4. Select a Webmix on which it should be saved
To get a full explanation and links to install the bookmarker please visit this page
The Symbaloo bookmarker does not track or collect, use or store any user data or personal information while you are surfing the web.
Only when you click the button of the bookmarker, Symbaloo checks the URL of the current page in your browser so it can add it to a Symbaloo account. Only the tab which is opened is visible for Symbaloo.
Using the bookmarker
Only at the moment you click the button of the bookmarker, the URL will be sent to Symbaloo to add it as a tile to your account. The UserAgent will be consulted to track which bookmarkers are being used in which browsers (basic analytics).
In order to work, the Symbaloo bookmarker needs the following permissions:
1. “activeTab” to get the URL that needs to be added to Symbaloo
2. “contextMenus” to add the bookmarker to the browser
3. “http://*/*” to be able to work with http-websites
4. “https://*/*” to be able to work with https-websites
Is my data shared with other companies?
The Symbaloo bookmarker does not share or disclose any data or personal information with 3rd parties.
The bookmarker doesn’t make it apparent to the website that a user visits, that it is installed.
In case you have questions, concerns or comments, you can contact us here:
|Symbaloo HQ Netherlands
|Symbaloo office United States
K&S Marketing Impact Inc.
2915 Redhill Ave F202