All-Around Frontend Developer
Do you want to work in an international company and want to be part of the next step in reaching our goals?
To further develop our platform, we are looking for a driven All-around Frontend Developer to help build cool new features and improve existing functionality. We are looking for someone with the ability and willingness to learn new things and would like to work on our Elm/GraphQL stack.
Do you want to work in an international company and want to be part of the next step? At Symbaloo you will design and build the next generation of our platform that reaches millions of people. Our mission is to help teachers deliver educational resources to students and create a personalized learning experience for every student around the world.
Within our team you will have responsibilities throughout the entire development process and work on various projects. As a frontend developer you will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
The location for this position is our Headquarters located in Delft. This job opening is only available for applicants with an EU passport or a valid European working visa. There is a possibility to work partially remotely.
In this role, you will
- Work on a platform with millions of users
- Develop new user-facing features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize our platform for maximum speed and scalability
- Work together with Harm, Xander, Daniel, Henk and Diederick
Stack and Tools
- HTML / (S)CSS
- Backend: Kotlin / Java, MySQL
- Git / Gitlab
- graphql-to-elm / elm-test / elm-review
- Photoshop / Illustrator
- A college (HBO) or higher level of education in a relevant field
- At least 5 years work experience as a web developer
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML, CSS
- Experience of using functional programming principles
- Ability and willingness to learn new things
- At least 32 hours a week
- Expert knowledge or working experience with Elm
- Able to write tests
- Able to do code reviews
- Working in a Java oriented development environment
- A strong background in at least one other production language
- App development (iOS/Android)
Symbaloo is an international company, founded in 2007, that offers a personalized home page to our users. Symbaloo is used all over the world, but mostly in the United States, Spain, Latin America, and the Netherlands. While we target the education market in the US and Spain, the Dutch market mostly consists of personal users. Over 10 million unique monthly visitors appear on our website and tools. The team consists of frontenders, backenders, a team lead, and a designer. Together we work in sprints on various subjects, including scalable distributed system design and machine learning. We strive for high-quality software written in a modern, testable, and functional style that works and is maintainable.
What Symbaloo Offers:
- Space to bring in your ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Workspace in a professional but informal team
- Flat Hierarchy
- Based in the old center of beautiful Delft (1-minute walk from the central market)
- Choose your device to work on
- Competitive salary (of course)
- Team events and Hackathons
- The usual startup goodies like fruit, drinks, and snacks
- Foosball, computer games, or darts after lunch!
How to apply?
This Job is no longer available!
This Job is no longer available!