Blog Homepage/ Job Opening - Internship Webdeveloper
Every six months Symbaloo has two HBO Internships available for web future webdevelopers and software engineers.
Every six months Symbaloo has two HBO Internships available for web future webdevelopers and software engineers. During your internship you will be working or real life programming projects and learn about complex cases and get to experience various development methods.
Do you want to do your internship at an international company and want to learn new techniques and bring the things you have already learnt into practice? At Symbaloo you can do so and, while learning, contribute to a worldclass platform while making friends and getting prepared for a future job.
You will work with our development team to build features and investigate how things should be build. According to the lessons you have learnt at school, you will try to solve real live problems and build real live functionality depending on your skills and knowledge.
The location for this position is our Headquarters located in Delft. This job opening is only available for applicants with an EU passport or a valid European working visa. There is a possibility to work partially remotely.
In this role, you will
- Help the team and platform grow even further
- Work on a platform with thousands of concurrent users
- Design and maintain a clustered Java EE web application
- Maintain Replicated/Clustered RDBMS’s
- Improve our Continuous Integration system
- Design our private cloud setup and AWS EC2 instances
- Work together with Daniel, Henk, Harm, Xander, Koen, and Eric
Stack and Tools
- Kotlin and Java,
- Spring (Boot),
- MySQL / Redis / ElasticSearch,
- Elm, GraphQL,
- Git / GitLab CI,
- Following a Study in Computer Science or Multimedia Design
- Eager to learn new tools and technologies
- A strong communicator and likes to learn about the business side
- Programming skills in at least one object-oriented language
- At least 32 hours a week
Symbaloo is an international company, founded in 2007, that offers a personalized home page to our users. Symbaloo is used all over the world, but mostly in the United States, Spain, Latin America, and the Netherlands. While we target the education market in the US and Spain, the Dutch market mostly consists of personal users. Over 10 million unique monthly visitors appear on our website and tools. The team consists of frontenders, backenders, a team lead, and a designer. Together we work in sprints on various subjects, including scalable distributed system design and machine learning. We strive for high-quality software written in a modern, testable, and functional style that works and is maintainable.
What Symbaloo Offers:
- Space to bring in your ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Workspace in a professional but informal team
- Flat Hierarchy
- Based in the old center of beautiful Delft (1-minute walk from the central market)
- Choose your device to work on
- Competitive salary (of course)
- Team events and Hackathons
- The usual startup goodies like fruit, drinks, and snacks
- Foosball, computer games, or darts after lunch!
How to apply?
Are you excited, and does it feel like a potential next step in your career?
Give us a call or send us a mail with your Curriculum Vitae to introduce yourself.
We do not work with recruitment agencies and being contacted by them is not appreciated. We value the actions of people and want to award them for it. Paying absurd amounts to recruiment agencies does not feel good to us and we rather spend that on our team and employees.
015 - 212 9006