Do you want to work in an international company and want to be part of the next step in reaching our goals?
To further develop our platform, we are looking for a driven Software Architect to help build cool new features and improve existing functionality. We are looking for someone with the ability and willingness to help the rest of the team and let the platform grow.
Do you want to work in an international company and want to be part of the next step in reaching our goals? At Symbaloo you will design and build the next generation of our platform that reaches millions of people. Our mission is to help teachers deliver educational resources to students and create a personalized learning experience for every student around the world. We are looking for an experienced engineer who has fresh ideas to bring our platform to the next level.
Within our team, you will have the responsibility to lead the team and platform to the next level (20 million users). Throughout the entire development process and workflow, you will help the team on various subjects, including scalable distributed system design and machine learning. You will be talking to the marketing team and management on the roadmap en choices that need to be made.
The location for this position is our Headquarters located in Delft. This job opening is only available for applicants with an EU passport or a valid European working visa. There is a possibility to work partially remotely.
In this role, you will
- Help the team and platform grow even further
- Work on a platform with thousands of concurrent users
- Design and maintain a clustered Java EE web application
- Maintain Replicated/Clustered RDBMS’s
- Improve our Continuous Integration system
- Design our private cloud setup and AWS EC2 instances
- Work together with Daniel, Henk, Harm, Xander, Koen, and Eric
Stack and Tools
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Eager to help others grow
- Eager to learn new tools and technologies
- A strong communicator and likes to learn about the business side
- Strong programming skills in at least one object-oriented language
- Understanding of scalability, performance, and reliability problematics
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Able to do code reviews
- At least 32 hours a week
Symbaloo is an international company, founded in 2007, that offers a personalized home page to our users. Symbaloo is used all over the world, but mostly in the United States, Spain, Latin America, and the Netherlands. While we target the education market in the US and Spain, the Dutch market mostly consists of personal users. Over 10 million unique monthly visitors appear on our website and tools. The team consists of frontenders, backenders, a team lead, and a designer. Together we work in sprints on various subjects, including scalable distributed system design and machine learning. We strive for high-quality software written in a modern, testable, and functional style that works and is maintainable.
What Symbaloo Offers:
- Space to bring in your ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Workspace in a professional but informal team
- Flat Hierarchy
- Based in the old center of beautiful Delft (1-minute walk from the central market)
- Choose your device to work on
- Competitive salary (of course)
- Team events and Hackathons
- The usual startup goodies like fruit, drinks, and snacks
- Foosball, computer games, or darts after lunch!
How to apply?
Are you excited, and does it feel like a potential next step in your career?
Give us a call or send us a mail with your Curriculum Vitae to introduce yourself.
We do not work with recruitment agencies and being contacted by them is not appreciated. We value the actions of people and want to award them for it. Paying absurd amounts to recruiment agencies does not feel good to us and we rather spend that on our team and employees.
015 - 212 9006